Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Hi Blog World!

Welcome, Friends & Strangers to my humble (mostly undone) home!  I have always loved reading and searching through blogs, getting ideas on DIY projects for the home, how to thrift and paint.......heck, I just recently learned you could make art out of toilet paper rolls - who knew!  In an effort to share my little (exactly 1,212 sf) piece of the world with you and to keep sort of a journal for my own purposes of the transformations my home makes, I present.........drum roll........The Undone House Project.  Follow me as I make changes, make splurges, make mistakes (plenty) in turning my house into a home.

As a brief intro, I'm Jenny, wife to one big boy and momma to two little boys (8 & 4).  We live in Texas, born and raised and wouldn't have it any other way.  My husband and I both run my family's upholstery shop started many many decades ago by my great grandfather.  Having been around interior designers my whole life and seeing completed projects that we had a hand in creating has been a big inspiration in my interest in home decorating.  I haven't taken any formal classes and I'm not certified (yet!), but I have learned from the interior designers & refinishers we work with along with reading books, mags, & the internet to have a pretty good understanding of the fundamentals of design.  Having been raised in a frugal household, I also know how to do this on a budget; the thrift store & dollar store are my best friend.  I have the wonderful advantage of having to the trade resources at my fingertips and being able to follow the current trends.  I am at heart a vintage buff and am trying to accumulate a variety of unique and antique finds to incorporate into my design schemes.

I look forward to sharing all my escapades with you as I turn my "Undone House" into a warm, inviting home!  Comments & suggestions welcome!!

XOXOXO

Jenny

PS  My next few posts will be of projects I've already completed (I just have to organize my thoughts.....and pictures) as well as a showcase of how my home looked when we purchased it 4 years ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment